My Blog List

Wednesday 3 August 2011

Takin on the Jellies!!!!!


What a week we've had here, lots of ups & a few downs.The ups consisted of some lovely weather, day trips, picnics, paddling, swimming, & hooking up some nicies........Oh & lots of jellies!!!!
Sophie had a penpal come visit for a week, he's from the states & i have to say i've rarely met such a nice young man. So we endeavoured to give him a great stay.
Let me just share some pics of the different places he got to see......Oh but first have a peek at these





Great big jellies all over the shore at the seaside, couldn't believe the amount there was, ugh!!!! Interesting to look at though in a kind of alien way, what d'ya think, ET!!!   Here's the enjoying ourselves & beautiful views pics................







                                                                 Al Capone!!!!!










The end of a lovely week.......
The downs were two of my daughters being away, thankfully Beth is due back tomorrow but Sophie is gone for six weeks to work as part of her degree in Teneriffe. When she gets back in september we'll have her for two weeks then its off again to Germany for a full term in uni there, five full months, I am just not good at this!
I love having them here, not good at this at all :(

This morning started on a sweet note though, i received my LaaLaa swap from Sandi in the post, ooooh its so lovely, will post it on fri as all our cameras have been taken with my girls, so have to wait for beths return with MY camera that just 'disappeared' the day she left (wonder how that happened hmmmm).
Have been hookin too, i finished the cream scarf.... that turned into a cowl ..... ran out of yarn!!!!


Sophie wants it for the german winter, its def a cozy one :D
Also did some on the beach, best place for crochet, everyone looks as they pass & i bet they think 'what a granny'! Yeah :D Thats me alright!!!!!


Some cushions to match the summer throw for Laurens apartment, all pink & pretty, she very girley :D
I love making stuff for them, will post the finished pieces on fri with my swap goodies xx
Sooooo that was my week, hope yours is as full, have loved looking at all the summery posts online at the mo so i hope you enjoy this one.
Have a lovely week
Lots of love Karen XX

12 comments:

Connys Cottage said...

hello,


what a great day.
I love de Beach sooo match


greatings send you Conny

Leah said...

Ah beach crochet - the very best kind!! So totally jealous that you are at the beach ... I am sitting by the fire trying to keep my fingers warm to hold my hook. Perfect cowl weather though so I'm just whipping up one now! Lovely pics hon - what a great time you've had. Can't wait to see your next post! Have a fab week.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

The beach looks fabulous, except for the jellyfish. Yikes! And your crochet is gorgeous! Have a great rest of the week. Tammy

somewhere on the avenue said...

Looks like you had a great time, the beach looks fantastic, but not those jellyfish :((

missionsandlace said...

Looks like you had a great time... the pictures are great.... Thanks for sharing them...
Suzanne

Leah said...

Hi Karen, me again! Thanks for your lovely comments. Now about the hat pattern - there are so many patterns out there and for this look, they are all pretty similar so I have picked one for you. Have a look here at this one: http://mckinleyscloset.blogspot.com/2010/03/spring-fever.html
You can add to it and make it your own but it's a good base to start from. If you follow it exactly you'll probably want to do a lot more SC rows otherwise it's too short to cover cold ears! Enjoy. It's a lovely easy pattern and the results are great. Go crazy with colours and flowers - have fun!

~M said...

Those jellies are one reason why I do not go in the water, LOL! Love the hooky stuff...can't wait to see more! Cheers! ~M

Annaboo's House said...

Bleeeeugh! The jelly give me the eerie-jeebies!
Bet they look magical in the water, though!
Loving that cozy cowl.
Xx

famfa said...

Lovely pictures. Maybe not the jellies though. Love the cushions

**Anne** said...

Oh what beautiful photos of your part of the world. I'm sure your visitor had a wonderful time.
Jellyfish, ick!! I wouldn't want to be swimming amongst them.
Crochet on the beach, why wouldn't you?!! I can't think of anything better. :) Love those cushions you are making.
Have a lovely day,
Anne xx

Margie’s daughter Leiny said...

Hi Karen, nothing like an Irish holiday when the weather stays dry. Love your photos, looks like fun all round, even the jelly fish are interesting. I too cherish family time and love when we are all together (not too often anymore). Crochet or knitting is the new therapy so do it where and when you have to! Big hugs, Margie.

Zova couture said...

what a beautiful blog u have...just love all ur works...I am ur new follower..pls pay a visit to my blog..http://zovascreations.blogspot.com