My Blog List

Friday 5 August 2011

Lots o new things :D


Its been a creative few days at the cassidy home, finished not just one but two cushions for Lauren. She's looking forward to having them at home in her apartment. I also gave her the crochet bunting, she tells me that when friends visit they love to see the new stuff i've made her, what can i do but give in when she smiles & says " oh mom thats soooo nice , can i pleeeeeeeeeease have it ". I'm easily manipulated by all four of them!!


I was surprised at how fast the cushions hook up, will def be making lots of them as christmas pressies, i think i'd like one in my own stocking :D


Back of the round cushion, sweet & girley, lots of pink for lols (short for Lauren)


Blocking the square, can't get over the difference blocking makes, especially on smaller items, I think you can get away with not blocking blankies, well i never do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm real happy with how they turned................... do you ever get lil butterfies when something you've made really gets ya!!! A kind of little thrill of excitement....... ok I need to get a life REALLY!

Next up & a real nice part of my week was getting a parcel in the post all the way from Australia, courtesy of Sandi. This was part of the swap at Laa Laa's blog. When i ripped open the package, yeah thats what i did, i was sooooo giddy & silly with anticipation :)
The first thing i saw was the most divine batik fabric in the most beautiful colors, Sandi had wrapped everything in fabric tied with lavender ribbon


Of course just as fast that was opened ( sorry i didn't take pics of the pressies wrapped, but had to wait for the return of my camera, & couldn't wait to see what i got ) When i opened the fabric all these sparkely hearts tumbled out, sweet touch :D
I got more fabric to contrast with the batik & the softest wool i have ever touched in my life...........


in matching colors to the batik, this wool is soooooo soft that i regularly walk around with it held up to my face Mmmmmm. See the lil pins in the wool, thrilled with those, cannot get cute pins where i live.
My goodies also include lovely buttons, lots of trims & ribbons ( i'm an obsessive collector of trims), chocolate, which i simply can not live without & a selection of teas which i will be sampling this weekend.




I,m blessed beyond measure, thank you soooo much Sandi, lots of love being sent your way right now XX

Also this week got my daughter back....... Bethany been away on a youth missions trip for two weeks, & was sorely missed at home. She's the one at home who makes us all laugh at all times :D. Its way too quiet here without her xxxxxxx


That be her on the right, my smiley kid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What a week, i'm looking forward to a chilled out weekend, with lots of family time, lots of simple to make food, church on sunday, & with some luck a wee bit of sunshine :D
Hope you all have a sweet one
Lots of love Karen Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is so lucky to be having such gorgeous items to welcome her into her apartment! They are just so pretty! Thanks for another inspirational post!
Mandy :)

Pammy Sue said...

I love your pillows! They go so perfectly with the blanket you made. Your daughter will cherish these for a lifetime. I have two boys and have made them both blankets, but boys just don't get it like girls do. ;)

Missy said...

Hello! Your pillows are gorgeous and your daughter is a lucky girl!My eldest daughter takes absolutely no interest in crochet or what I'm doing at all!
The youngest one has tried a bit of knitting and I think she is after the blankie I am making now
Lovely blog, I found you at Annaboo's house.

Tammy@T's Daily Treasures said...

Your daughter's apartment is going to be so sweetly decorated with all the crocheted items you are making for her. Such lovely colors!

And such lovely gifts from Sandi. Always fun to receive surprises. Enjoy! And have a great weekend. Best wishes, Tammy

Unknown said...

I'm in heaven, I've died and gone to heaven. Love, Love, Love. It's perfect. Long to be cherished.

**Anne** said...

Such beautiful crochet work. I'm wondering how you find the time to get so much done.
Your daughter is gorgeous. I understand about missing them when they're are away. Miss G. went to France two years ago for two weeks with school. I'm glad she had the experience, but I missed her so much and France is such a long way from Australia.
Enjoy your weekend,
Anne xx

Leah said...

What a wonderful week you have had! Your parcel looks fabulous and as for all that delicious crochet - TOO GORGEOUS!!

Sandi said...

Oh, oh, oh, I love your cushion covers, I really am going to have to make some...to go with a very cute little 'home' cover I received from a very lovely lady :) Isn't it the best feeling when the kids are home, I remember when my kids went for holidays with their dad, I would cry when they went and cry when they came home, all safe. (I'm a sook)
**Anne** and I live near each other and her daughter went to school with mine, but I haven't contacted her yet to say hello.
x Sandi

mollymell said...

Thank you Karen for your visit to the Casa de Retalhos. Your crochet is awesome. I love it.
Your daughter is very pretty.

Patty Marker said...

So much to comment on...first your work is lovely, what a lucky daughter and your exchange loot is gorgeous. All those lovelies, I can only imagine the beautiful things you will make with it all. Enjoy your family time, it sounds like a great weekend.

Lynne said...

Just found your lovely blog through Scotty's place. Love your crochet, and the pics of where you live. Isn't it great having daughters? They are such wonderful company. Have a great weekend. I will be back to visit again!

Sewn With Grace said...

So glad you stopped by today so that I could find your blog. It took my breath away when I opened to it! Everything is so beautiful! I'm happily a new follower and I will be listing you on my sidebar. Looking forward to many visits!

Sara said...

So much hooky gorgeousness! Happy to see you at Tangled Happy. Wishing you a happy Monday! :)

Handmade Blossoms said...

nice work ,pleasent colours.