My Blog List

Tuesday 31 May 2011

I can't wait

My daughter Sophie who has been in mexico

 since New Years Eve is coming home on thursday. I am so excited, i haven't seen her face for five months so i cannot wait ( i know i have to though). She has been working as a volunteer in a childrens home in Reynosa.
I feel incredibly proud of her but have missed her terribly. I guess i'm one of those moms that want my daughters to stick around ( know what i mean), become adults here, get married here, have families of their own here................. (whacked out "yes")?
Anyway she's begged me to make chicken pie & mashed potatos for her home coming meal, i don't think she'll want to eat another tortilla or enchilleda for a least a year. so pie & mash it is followed by pavlova.

I had a mad rush on today to repaint her room, make new blinds & a few nice cushions for her bed. The paint is drying, the blind is almost ready but the cushions are done so here's a preview.
I have a fav online shop called Fabric shack, its brill, lots of beautiful collections & lots of bargains in their sale section, heaven for fabric lovers.
 Used these for the cushions, i think Sophie'll be pleased with them...........................


I'm dying to finish the room so busy day tomorrow
Will post the finished job!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!xxxxxxxxxxx
Well i'm off to watch an episode of monarch of the glen, got the box set & i have to say its really entertaining  i'm enjoying it so much :)
Might even have some hot chocolate & a nutella cupcake ( if they weren't all gone)!
Have a sweet evening
Lots of love Karen xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

6 comments:

Melani said...

Thank you for leaving a comment on my blog! I'm very new at this so it made my day. I'm looking through YOURS, wow.....very inspiring, I cant stop looking!

Anonymous said...

Hello Karena!
I love your blog!
and there is a surprise waiting for you on mine:)
Have a lovely day!
Angie

Sandra said...

Hi Karen
I just found your blog via Le Monde de Sucrette's - you have some lovely things on here! And I love the cushions, enjoy your daughter coming home :-)

Annaboo's House said...

I'm so pleased I can comment now - I've been having terrible problems with naughty blogger.
How fab to have your daughter back with you- enjoy!
Am just loving those cushions- so pretty.
Xx

Celeste said...

Hi Karen, thanks so much for ur comment! Im new to this so it's still a bit scary :) Enjoyed reading thru ur blog, love ur beautiful blankets &cushions. Have fun with ur daughter.

Weaveron Textile said...

Love it all! Great fabrics, gift, and lovely stitching!