My Blog List

Monday 23 May 2011

Hope you had a great weekend

Well we had a lovely weekend, Got to visit one of my favourite spots in ireland, Ballybunion in Co. Kerry.
I spent most of my summer holidays here as a child, so it holds very fond memories for me. Here's some photos i managed to take before my camera battery went dead.
I swam in this sea so many times, pity, couldn't this weekend as the west coast of Ireland was brewing up a storm, a crazy loud wind that kept us awake quite a bit of sat night, but thats ok, being down there was rest & peace in itself :)
Look at these cliffs, aren't they beautiful. They are full of small caves that i still love to explore,
                                                    only managed to get one close up though.
This cave goes right through to a small beach on the other side of the cliffs Which was like our secret hideout as kids. Hope to be there again in June so i will def get some more phots then. In the meantime enjoy these, i 'll certainly look at them with longing for the rest of the month until we go back.



Today it was back to the good ol sewing machine. I'm on a count down for the flowergirl dresses, so far so good though.
When i finish this post i'm going to sit on my sofa looking out at this view (with a very chocolatey hot choc


& hopefully finish the border of Sophie's ripple blanket. Actually i can't wait to start a new project, maybe it should be a paint job on the fence

                                                       Oh dear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


 Let me leave you with a shot of the finished baby quilt for the local family fun day.

I am so pleased with the finished piece, isn't it nice to stand back & take pleasure from something you made yourself!

Anyway thanks for taking a peek at my blog
Lots of love Karen
ps have a wonderful evening xxxxxx

2 comments:

Annaboo's House said...

Hi there!
Just found you via a comment on Me Me Rose's blog (isn't it gorgeous?!!) and I'm so glad to be here- your photos are atmospheric and beautiful and your crafting is superb! Love the crochet, the quilting and the cute little fabric toys: I have a recent owl-love-thing and adore your little hoots.
I've recently been learning to crochet and have only had my blog for a few months- if you have time to pop over, I'd love to see you.
X

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much for visiting today! I am sure your blanket will be as beautiful as mine and even more because I just saw some of your crochet projects and they are lovely :)
When will you post about ur summer blanket? Can't wait to see it ;)
Angie