My Blog List

Wednesday 18 May 2011

Where to start!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is it, my girls are waiting with anticipation, finally she's starting her first blog post. I've been saying it for the last three years, ever since i first discovered crafty blogland, "I must, really must start a blog".
You see i love all things arty, creative & pretty.
Sewing............YES
Crochet..........Definitely
Painting..........Oh yeah
Cooking........Absolutely!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Gardening..........I try
I love it, can't go one day without a creative fix. I guess i'm seiously addicted, but thats ok it's a harmless addiction, is'nt it???????????????
So for the last three years i've been browsing online, inspired & delighted by all the crafty sweet stuff out there.I,ve def got my favourites, so i hope its ok to post some on my blog. All you creative bloggers out there have brought so much joy my way for so long now so I do hope that any of you that happen this way will receive a little in return.
I've a few things on the go right now, new blanket for Sophie (daughter no two) she's in mexico right now,in fact has been since new years eve working in an orphanage, getting blessed & being a blessing. Will post a photo tomorrow when Lauren brings me her camera, she's daughter no 1 by the way who is also waiting for a blanket. Bethany(no 3) & Ella (no 4) got theirs last year, more photos!!!!!!
Have just finished this quilt for a workmate of my sister, it's for her football crazy son, all the red squares have an Arsenal logo on. This ones a bit closer, can you see it????  Apparantly the minute he got it he grabbed it with delight, donned his PJs & snuggled up on his couch wrapped in his new quilt to watch TV, don't know if it was an arsenal game but i think he enjoyed his new quilt experience. Who would have guessed some sewn together fabric squares, batting & backing sheet would have that effect eh! Made me smile anyway.

Almost finished a baby quilt, its a spot prize for local family fun day, i think it will be used for a bonny baby compitition, hope it pleases, another photo to post.
And my fav i am making 3 dresses for a dear friend. Her sister is getting married in 2 weeks & her 3 gorgeous girls get to be flower girls, princesses for a day. Anyway I've got one week left to finish the dresses for them.

Love to make wedding type dresses, heres 3 i made for Laurens friends wedding a few months back, thats my girl in the middle, what a stunner!
So cant wait to post more stuff and share some of my life & loves with you
God bless & lots of love Karen xxxxxx

4 comments:

Lauren Cassidy said...

I LOVE YOU MOM ! :) x

Anonymous said...

That's just beautiful. So proud of you, my talented Mommy ^_^
Love you lots!

Val O'Connor said...

Boy, what an attack of covetousness I fight when I look on your page!! First the crocheting..then the quilt, then the lovely chair looking out onto the garden, NOW the sewing the art the house the garden...I gotta go surrender, TTYL!
LOL Val

Valerie said...

Hiya! I checked out all your links yesterday, WOW! Hey with the zig zag blankets do you have plan the colours in advance or do you wing it? I gotta tell ya, it doesn't look like you wing anything, everything just comes out so beautiful! Hi to Sophie from Ballyb!!