First of all & best of all Sophie arrived home safe & sound on thursday
We are soooooooooo happy to have her back, & of course she got her requested meal that evening of pie & mash, followed by this yum..... strawberry, coconut & choc pavlova!!!!!!!!!!!!
We all got great gifts, but this one sorted a few things out for me once & for all. You see i love cook blogs, baking in particular, BUT the american recipes confused me for a long time, one cup of this, 3 cups of that..
I mean please tell me ...... WHAT SIZE CUP???????????????????????
So Sophie to the rescue...................................................
"Mom these are measuring cups :) " duuuuuuuuuuh :( Isnt she a peach?
Also got these cute little figures from Ms Elma, the lady who founded the childrens home Sophie worked in.
They look sweet on my dresser dont you think? We received so many beautiful gifts from that lovely lady, what a blessing :)
Another lovely thing happened this week, i actually received an award from a very sweet lady, Angie at Lemonde de sucrette I was blown away,
I'm so encouraged by this, so from what i can gather i have to give ten facts about myself, my girls helped me some with these
1. I'm only 4'11" , always been the smallest at home , at school, at work, pretty much all my life, even now my8yr old Ella is the only one shorter than me at home, but i'm sure that'll change.
2. I had a mohawk style haircut when i was in college (art student, wouldnt you know) might just try it again some time ( for charity :)........)
3. I wish I'd met my husband when i was 13, he's my BEST friend xxxxxxxx :)
4. My fav snack at the moment are rice cakes............ I mean "what is wrong with me?" I used to be a serious chocoholic, but i LUV rice cakes SERIOUSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. I love my family, our home, our chats around the dinner table, watching movies together, they are a real blessing.
6. Ok, dont laugh now ( quiet giggles only) but i'm a closet trekkie, specially Deep Space Nine. For those of you who've ever seen DS9 you'll get this, my girls nicknamed me Moogie (no i do not have huge ears..).
7. I adore basset hounds, used to have one called Frodo. I click on Pioneer woman & spend most of the time looking at her adorable bassets "charlie & walter", have a look they're hilarious.
8. My fav place to be is the beach, love it love it love it, the sea, the sand, the peace, the smell.............
9. The most amazing natural phenomenon i've seen to date (apart from my husband) are the Victoria Falls, Zambia, incredibly beautiful & exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10. I love being Irish, love the country, the people(faults n all), the irish language, the trad music, the literature, the art, i guess I'm irish through & through :)
I'd like to pass this award on to
Sandra at Cherry heart
Melanie at Creative Paws
Annette at My Rose Valley
Andrea at Apples & pears
Annaboo at Annaboos house
I hope that's enough, i love so many blogs its so hard to choose.
Want to leave you with some pics of crafty stuff from last week, here's the progrees on the blanket........
Then this dress for Ella, she needed a new dress after seeing the flower girl dresses for my three little friends
Love these fabrics from Sandi Henderson and Heather Bailey great fabric designers :). So Ella was happy!
All in all it was a week to remember for me........ I'm off to pick some elderflower across the road from my house, cordial tomorrow, mmmmmmmm i love it :)
Thanks for dropping by and these are for you............
Lots of love Karen xxxxxxxx